The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of a specific project which has a beginning, an end and specified deliverables. The position is responsible for Project management delivering every project on time within budget and scope. He/ She should have a background in business skills, management, budgeting and analysis. He/she should be skilled at getting the best out of the people and projects that they oversee. He/ She should be able to plan projects and work with project teams.
Major Areas of Responsibility
The Project Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
• Coordinating with cross discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
• Meeting with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
• Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards.
• Preparing status reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing relevant information.
• Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
• Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
• Coordinating the development of user manuals, training materials and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to the clients.
• Identifying new opportunities with clients during and after project completion .
• Obtaining customer acceptance of project deliverables.
• Managing customer satisfaction within project transition period.
• Conducting post project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Update project management software
1. Plan and manage the project
• Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
• Delegate project tasks based on project Delivery team members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
• Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals
• Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis
• Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
• Use and continually develop leadership skills.
• Define project scope.
• Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
• Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project
• Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
• Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
2. Staff the project
• In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff with appropriate skills for the project activities
• Manage project staff according to the established policies and practices of the organization
• Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation regarding projects.
• Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate
3. Implement the project
• Execute the project according to the project plan
• Develop forms and records to document project activities
• Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
• Monitor the progress of the project and document all change scope and advise stakeholders on the impact of the change as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
• Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project.
• Ensure project plan is documented on the recommended systems i.e. Project server and CRM Project Server Automation
• Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
4. Control the project
• Update stakeholders on project status ie CPS, Customers and Business Partners not limiting partners project management systems.
• Write reports on the project for management and for customers
• Communicate with customers as outlined in project agreements
• Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
• Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
• Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
• Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
• Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for funders as outlined in funding agreements
5. Evaluate the project
• Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
• Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time. Once changes have been introduced the employee will be required to realign themselves with the new roles within two week
The following competencies are required for this position:
(a) Active Listening & Responsiveness
(b) Concise communications
(c) Excellent writing skills
(d) Excellent communication skills
(e) Excellent presentation skills
(f) Ability to negotiate
(g) Ability to communicate with technical level associates internally and
externally in an articulate and professional manner. Ability to practice
discretion and understand appropriateness of communication and behavior
(a) Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to
perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others;
accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
(b) Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and
openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to
building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests;
able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives;
supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
(a) Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes
information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group
problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with
(a) Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions. (b) Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments. (c) Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality. (d) Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
(a) Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for
additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules
other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
(b) Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing
demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
(a) Manage on-going, regular product training classes for various customers onsite and at our classroom locations. (b) Plans and implements training associated with new technology deployments and upgrades. (c) Maintains personal knowledge of current trends in training, technology and applications and makes recommendations for enhancements to programs as appropriate (d) Understands and knowledgeable in company’s products and solutions
(a) Candidate readily undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased
responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and
takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
(b) Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with
resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops
innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner
that gets others’ attention.
(a) Be able to see relevance of information to draw conclusions that fit the facts,
and to analyze a problem to understand root causes. Having analyzed the
available information in each situation, they must then judicially weigh the
evidence in order to decide on the best course of action. Most decisions
involve a balance of advantages and disadvantages, and so they should be
comfortable with tradeoffs.
(a) Service Orientation
(b) Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding.
(c) Understand the customer’s expectations and work to exceed those
1. Timeliness KPIs
On-Time Completion Percentage: Whether or not
an assignment or task is completed by a given
Number of Adjustments to The Schedule: How
many times your team has made adjustments to the
completion date of the project as a whole.
2. Budget KPIs
Budget Variance: How much the actual budget
varies from the projected budget. To track this KPI,
measure how close the baseline amount of expenses
or revenue is to the expected value
3. Quality KPIs
Customer Complaints: Keep in mind that the
“customer” of a project could be someone internal—
does someone from your organization complain
because someone else isn’t getting things done?
Number Of Errors: How often things need to be
redone during the project. This is the number of times
you have to redo and rework something, which
affects budget revisions and calendar revisions as
Customer Satisfaction/Loyalty: Ensure Customer satisfaction report/Survey at the end of every project completed. Whether or not someone is satisfied and would come back again. This can be measured effectively by a survey. This comes more into play when the project deals directly with a client or customer 100% Number of Project Milestones Completed On Time With Sign Off: There are different parts within a project—are they being completed in a timely manner? Additionally, were the milestones completed and approved by the owner or buyer? 100%
4. Trainings (Internal)
Train all the internal staffs on How to use Project
Management tools ie CRM, Project Server, FTOP
5. Personal Certification
100% updated certifications
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Essential):
• Business Acumen
• Communication Proficiency
• Customer/Client Focus
• Presentation Skills
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Results Driven
• Strategic Thinking
• Technical Capacity
• Knowledge in Project Management tools ie Project Server, Prince 2 etc.
• Knowledge in technology Adoption
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management
and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment
such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee
frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and
requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Training Certifications on Project Management tools ie Project Server, Prince 2 etc
• Knowledge of instructional systems design methods
• Three (3) years of related experience with progressive project management experience.
Reports to: C.E.O
Internal Contacts: Technical Manager, Office administrator, Sales and Marketing Manager, Customer
External Contacts: Customer projects office, Vendor projects office, Partner projects office
Employees are responsible and accountable for:
• Compliance with workplace policies and procedures for risk identification, risk assessment
and risk control
• Active participation in activities associated with the management of workplace health and
• Identification and reporting of health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and
property damage at the workplace
NB; Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.