|Position.||TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER|
|Number of posts|
|Terms of service|
Who we are
Cloud Productivity Solutions Ltd (CPS) is one of the leading providers of business I.T. solutions in East and Central Africa. Partnering with the best-of-breed technologies such as Microsoft, Polycom, Sophos, and Managed Engine, we employ Microsoft’s best practices developed over years of service.
We are extremely committed to delivering quality advice, sales, and support to assist our clients to achieve the maximum from their I.T. investment.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers install applications and programs.
Ultimately, you will be a person our customers trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
• Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
• Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
• Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
• Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
• Talk to clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved
a technical issue
• Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
• Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
• Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
• Ensure all issues are properly logged
• Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
• Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
• Prepare accurate and timely reports
• Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
• Maintain jovial relationships with clients
The key responsibilities include;
• Manage the Customer Relationship
• Closely Track Customer Satisfaction, Usage and Consumption
• Identify Cross-sell and Upsell Opportunities
• Conduct Customer Training
• Escalate Critical Customer Issues and Resolve with Internal Resources
The key metrics for measuring the success of the CSM are;
• Ensuring that customers utilize at least 80% of everything purchased by the customer.
• Gross Profit of Client/ Increase in sales revenue from customers (a result of cross-sell, upsell, and run rate transactions)
• Net new seat or subscription adds
• Customer retention (renewals)
• Customer satisfaction (often measured by NPS)
Requirements: Education and Experience
• Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help
Desk Technician or similar role
• Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
• Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
• Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (eg. Zendesk)
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
• Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
• BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
• Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
NB; Applicants should clearly state their current salary and the expected salary.
Interested applicants to send their C.Vs and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted